Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 25. Municipal Enactments
- Section 72. Civil Penalties For Violation of Municipal Ordinances By Minors.
previous: Section 70
next: Section 74
AS 29.25.072. Civil Penalties For Violation of Municipal Ordinances By Minors.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the enforcement under AS 29.25.070
(b) of a civil penalty against a minor for violation of a municipal ordinance shall be heard in the district court in
the same manner as for similar allegations brought against an adult, except that the minor's parent, guardian, or legal
custodian shall be present at all proceedings unless the court excuses the parent, guardian, or legal custodian from
attendance for good cause.
- (b) If provision is made by ordinance for use of a hearing officer to decide enforcement of a civil penalty under AS 29.25.070
(b), allegations against a minor for a civil penalty under a municipal ordinance may be assigned to a hearing officer
for the municipality for decision.
- (c) An action for a civil penalty filed against a minor under this section does not give rise to the right to a trial by
jury or to counsel appointed at public expense.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.