Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 250. Powers and Duties of Mayor.
previous: Section 240
. Qualifications For the Office of Mayor.
next: Section 260
. Executive Absence.
AS 29.20.250. Powers and Duties of Mayor.
- (a) If a municipality has not adopted a manager plan of government, the mayor is the chief administrator and the mayor has
the same powers and duties as those of a manager under AS 29.20.500
- (b) The mayor may take part in the discussion of a matter before the governing body. The mayor may not vote, except that
the mayor of a first class city or the mayor of a borough with a manager form of government may vote in the case of a
tie. The mayor of a second class city, as a council member, may vote on all matters.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.