Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 510. Election.
previous: Section 500
next: Section 520
AS 29.06.510. Election.
- (a) The Local Boundary Commission shall immediately notify the director of elections of its acceptance of a dissolution
petition. Within 30 days after notification, the director of elections shall order an election in the municipality to
determine whether the voters desire dissolution. The election must be held at least 30 and not more than 90 days after
the election order unless such timing would cause the election to be held between May 1 and November 1. If the director
of elections receives notification after April 1, but before October 1, the election shall be held within 60 days after
November 1. A person who is a voter of the municipality may vote in the dissolution election.
- (b) The director of elections shall supervise the election in the general manner prescribed by AS 15 (Election Code). The state shall pay all election costs.
- (c) The director of elections shall certify the election results. If dissolution is approved by a number of voters greater
than 50 percent of the number of people registered to vote in the municipality, the director of elections shall declare
that the municipality is dissolved effective on the date of certification.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.