Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 450. Methods of Dissolution.
previous: Section 420
next: Section 460
AS 29.06.450. Methods of Dissolution.
- (a) Two petition methods may be used to initiate dissolution of a municipality:
- (1) petition to the Local Boundary Commission under regulations adopted by the commission; or
- (2) the local option method specified in AS 29.06.460
- (b) The department shall investigate a municipality that it considers to be inactive and shall report to the Local
Boundary Commission on the status of the municipality. The commission may submit its recommendation to the legislature
that the municipality be dissolved in the manner provided for submission of boundary changes in art. X, Sec. 12 of the
- (c) A borough is dissolved when its entire territory is included in a home rule or first class city or cities. A city is
dissolved when all its powers become areawide borough powers.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.