Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 290. Charter Commission Organization and Procedure.
previous: Section 280
. Requirements For Approval of Formation and Election of Charter Commission.
next: Section 300
AS 29.06.290. Charter Commission Organization and Procedure.
- (a) The charter commission shall hold its first meeting within 30 days after certification of its election. The
commission shall elect from among its members a chairman and a deputy chairman.
- (b) A majority of the total membership of the charter commission constitutes a quorum. A decision of the commission is
not valid or binding unless approved by the number of members necessary to constitute a quorum.
- (c) The charter commission may elect other officials from among its membership, adopt rules governing its procedures that
are consistent with AS 29.06.190
- 29.06.410 and hire and discharge employees.
- (d) Meetings of the charter commission shall be open to the public at all times. A journal of commission proceedings
shall be kept and made available for public inspection at the borough office.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.