Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 250. Charter Commission Nominations.
previous: Section 240
. Composition of Charter Commission.
next: Section 260
. Qualifications of Candidates.
AS 29.06.250. Charter Commission Nominations.
- (a) If the assembly determines that a unification petition meets the requirements of AS 29.06.210
, or the assembly by its resolution proposes an election on formation of a charter commission, the assembly shall issue
a call for the nomination of commission candidates, specifying the filing deadline and the procedure for making
- (b) Charter commission candidates shall be nominated by petition signed by at least 50 voters of the area from which the
candidate seeks election, or by a number of voters from that area equal to at least 10 percent of the number of votes
cast from that area in the last regular borough election, whichever is less.
- (c) Nomination petitions shall be filed with the borough clerk at least 30 days after notice of the call for nominations
has been given and on or before a date fixed by the assembly.
- (d) If at least one nomination of a qualified charter commission candidate for each available seat is not filed, the
unification petition or resolution to propose formation of a charter commission is void and an election on the question
may not be held.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.