Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 200. Unification Petition.
previous: Section 190
. Unification of Municipalities Authorized.
next: Section 210
. Petition Requirements.
AS 29.06.200. Unification Petition.
- (a) Formation of a charter commission to prepare a unification charter shall be proposed by resolution of the assembly or
by petition. The question of formation of a charter commission may be submitted to the voters not more often than once
every 24 months.
- (b) An assembly, a council, or a person living in the area proposed for unification may initiate a unification petition.
- (c) In a general law borough, a unification petition shall be prepared by the borough clerk upon receipt of an application
meeting the requirements of AS 29.26.110
, except that instead of containing an ordinance or resolution the application shall contain the question under AS 29.06.210
(a). The petition shall be prepared in accordance with AS 29.26.120
, except material required under (a)(1) and (2) of that section shall be replaced with the question under AS 29.06.210
(a). The signature requirements of AS 29.26.130
(a), (c), and (d) apply to a unification petition. The completed petition shall be submitted to the clerk who shall
deliver it to the assembly with a report of the number of valid signatures determined by the clerk to be on the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.