Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 5. Incorporation
- Section 180. Organization Grants to Cities.
previous: Section 150
. Challenge of Legality.
next: Section 190
. Organization Grants to Boroughs and Unified Municipalities.
AS 29.05.180. Organization Grants to Cities.
- (a) To defray the cost of transition to city government and to provide for interim government operations, each city
incorporated after December 31, 1985 is entitled to an organization grant of $50,000 for the first full or partial
fiscal year after incorporation.
- (b) To defray the cost of reclassification, each second class city in the unorganized borough incorporated before January
1, 1986 that reclassifies as a first class city or adopts a home rule charter after December 31, 1985 is entitled to an
organization grant equal to $50,000 for the first full or partial fiscal year after reclassification.
- (c) The department shall disburse an organization grant under (a) or (b) of this section within 30 days after
certification of the incorporation, reclassification, or home rule charter election, or as soon after certification as
money is appropriated and available for the purpose.
- (d) A city entitled to an organization grant under (a) or (b) of this section is entitled to a second organization grant
of $25,000. The department shall disburse the second organization grant within 30 days after the beginning of the
city's second fiscal year after incorporation, reclassification, or adoption of a home rule charter or as soon after
that time as money is appropriated and available for the purpose.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.