Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 242. Cooperation with the Department of Health and Social Services.
previous: Section 220
. - 21.09.240l Resident Agent's Counter Signature; Exception; Affidavit Requirement. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 41 SLA 1984].
next: Section 245
. Required Notice.
AS 21.09.242. Cooperation with the Department of Health and Social Services.
An insurer, including a pharmacy benefits manager, with respect to medical assistance programs under AS 47.07, shall cooperate with the Department of Health and Social Services to
- (1) provide, with respect to an individual who is eligible for or is provided medical assistance under AS 47.07, on the request of the department, information to determine during what period
the individual or the individual's spouse or dependents may be or may have been covered by the insurer and the nature of the coverage
that is or was provided by the insurer, including the name and address of the insurer and the identifying number of the health care
- (2) accept the department's right of recovery and the assignment to the department of any right of an individual
or other entity to payment from the party for an item or service for which payment has been made under AS 47.07;
- (3) respond to any inquiry by the department regarding a claim for payment for any health care item or service
that is submitted not later than three years after the date of the provision of the health care item or service; and
- (4) agree not to deny a claim submitted by the department solely on the basis of the date of submission of the
claim, the type or format of the claim form, or a failure to present proper documentation at the point-of-sale that is the basis of the
- (A) the claim is submitted by the department within the three-year period beginning on the date on which the item
or service was furnished; and
- (B) any action by the department to enforce its rights with respect to the claim is commenced within six years
after the department's submission of the claim.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.