Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 180. Director Attorney For Service of Process.
previous: Section 175
. Determination of Impairment.
next: Section 190
. Service of Process.
AS 21.09.180. Director Attorney For Service of Process.
- (a) Each insurer applying for authority to transact insurance in this state shall appoint the director as its attorney to
receive service of legal process issued against it in this state. The appointment shall be made on a form designated
and furnished by the director. The appointment shall be irrevocable, shall bind the insurer and any successor in
interest to the assets or liabilities of the insurer, and shall remain in effect as long as there is in force in this
state a contract made by the insurer or obligations arising from it.
- (b) Service of process against a foreign or alien insurer shall be made only by service of process upon the director or
upon a deputy or other person in charge of the office during the absence of the director. Service of process against a
domestic insurer may be made either upon the director or upon the insurer corporation in the manner provided by laws
applying to corporations generally, or upon the insurer's attorney-in-fact if a domestic reciprocal insurer.
- (c) Each insurer at the time of application for a certificate of authority shall file with the director the name and
address of the person to whom process against it served upon the director is to be forwarded. The insurer may change
the designation by a new filing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.