Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 60. Combinations of Insuring Powers in One Insurer.
previous: Section 50
. Name of Insurer.
next: Section 70
. Capital Funds Required of Foreign Insurers and New Domestic Insurers.
AS 21.09.060. Combinations of Insuring Powers in One Insurer.
An insurer that otherwise qualifies may be authorized to transact any one kind or combination of kinds of insurance as
defined in AS 21.12, except that
- (1) a life insurer may also grant annuities, but is not authorized to transact any other kind of insurance than health;
except that if the insurer is otherwise qualified, the director shall continue to authorize a life insurer that,
immediately before July 1, 1966, was lawfully authorized to transact in this state a kind or kinds of insurance in
addition to life and health;
- (2) a reciprocal insurer may not transact life insurance;
- (3) a title insurer must be a stock insurer;
- (4) a property or casualty insurer may not transact life insurance and may not grant annuities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.