Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 50. Name of Insurer.
previous: Section 40
. General Eligibility of Insurers.
next: Section 60
. Combinations of Insuring Powers in One Insurer.
AS 21.09.050. Name of Insurer.
- (a) An insurer may not be authorized to transact insurance in this state that has or uses a name so similar to that of
another authorized insurer that the name is likely to mislead the public.
- (b) A life insurer may not be authorized that has or uses a name deceptively similar to that of another insurer authorized
to transact insurance in this state within the preceding 10 years if life insurance policies originally issued by the
other insurer are still outstanding in this state.
- (c) An insurer may not be authorized that has or uses a name that tends to deceive or mislead the public as to the type of
organization of the insurer.
- (d) In case of a conflict of names between two insurers, or a conflict otherwise prohibited under (a) - (c) of this
section, the director may permit or require the more recently authorized insurer to use in this state a supplementation
or modification of its name or a business name that may reasonably be necessary to avoid the conflict.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.