Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 66. Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 900
. Definitions. [Repealed, Sec. 72 Ch 64 SLA 1996].
next: Chapter 67
. Violent Crimes Compensation Board
AS 18.66.990. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "council" means the Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault;
- (2) "crisis intervention and prevention program" means a community program that provides information, education,
counseling, and referral services to individuals experiencing personal crisis related to domestic violence or sexual
assault and to individuals in personal or professional transition, excluding correctional half-way houses, outpatient
mental health programs, and drug or alcohol rehabilitation programs;
- (3) "domestic violence" and "crime involving domestic violence" mean one or more of the following offenses or an offense
under a law or ordinance of another jurisdiction having elements similar to these offenses, or an attempt to commit the
offense, by a household member against another household member:
- (A) a crime against the person under AS 11.41;
- (B) burglary under AS 11.46.300
- (C) criminal trespass under AS 11.46.320
- (D) arson or criminally negligent burning under AS 11.46.400
- (E) criminal mischief under AS 11.46.475
- (F) terrorist threatening under AS 11.56.807
- (G) violating a protective order under AS 11.56.740
- (H) harassment under AS 11.61.120
(a)(2) - (4);
- (4) "domestic violence program" means a program that provides services to the victims of domestic violence, their
families, or perpetrators of domestic violence;
- (5) "household member" includes
- (A) adults or minors who are current or former spouses;
- (B) adults or minors who live together or who have lived together;
- (C) adults or minors who are dating or who have dated;
- (D) adults or minors who are engaged in or who have engaged in a sexual relationship;
- (E) adults or minors who are related to each other up to the fourth degree of consanguinity, whether of the whole or half
blood or by adoption, computed under the rules of civil law;
- (F) adults or minors who are related or formerly related by marriage;
- (G) persons who have a child of the relationship; and
- (H) minor children of a person in a relationship that is described in (A) - (G) of this paragraph;
- (6) "judicial day" means any Monday through Friday that is not a state holiday and on which the court clerk's offices are
officially opened to receive legal documents for filing;
- (7) "local community entity" means a city or borough or other political subdivision of the state, a nonprofit
organization, or a combination of these;
- (8) "petitioner" includes a person on whose behalf an emergency protective order has been requested under AS 18.66.110
- (9) "sexual assault" means a crime specified in AS 11.41.410
- (10) "sexual assault program" means a program that provides services to the victims of sexual assault, their families, or
perpetrators of sexual assault.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.