Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 20. Hospitals and Nursing Facilities
- Section 360. Temporary Management.
previous: Section 350
. Nursing Facility Resident Security Fund.
next: Section 370
AS 18.20.360. Temporary Management.
- (a) If the department determines that the health or safety of the residents of a nursing facility is immediately
jeopardized as the result of the nursing facility's failure or refusal to comply with a state statute or regulation, or
failure or refusal to comply with the Medicaid requirements in 42 U.S.C. 1396r (Title XIX of the Social Security Act)
or a regulation adopted under that statute, the department shall immediately petition the superior court for an order
for appointment of temporary administration to
- (1) oversee the operation of the facility; and
- (2) ensure the health and safety of the facility's residents while orderly closure of the facility occurs or the
deficiencies necessitating temporary administration are corrected.
- (b) The court shall grant the petition if it finds by a preponderance of the evidence that the conditions in (a) of this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.