Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 30. Term of Office; Vacancy and Removal.
previous: Section 20
. Alaska Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission.
next: Section 40
AS 16.43.030. Term of Office; Vacancy and Removal.
- (a) The members of the commission shall be appointed for terms of four years.
- (b) A vacancy on the commission shall be filled by appointment by the governor and the appointment shall be confirmed by
the legislature in joint session. Except as provided in AS 39.05.080
(4), a member selected to fill a vacancy shall hold office for the balance of the full term for which the member's
predecessor on the commission was appointed.
- (c) A vacancy on the commission does not impair the authority of a quorum of commissioners to exercise all the powers and
perform all the duties of the commission.
- (d) The governor may remove a commissioner from office for cause, including but not limited to incompetence, neglect of
duty, or misconduct in office. A commissioner being removed for cause shall be given a copy of the charges and
afforded an opportunity to publicly present a defense in person or by counsel upon not less than 10 days' notice. If a
commissioner is removed for cause, the governor shall file with the lieutenant governor a complete statement of all
charges made against the commissioner and the governor's findings based on the charges, together with a complete record
of the proceedings.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.