Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 5. Qualification of Voters
- Section 11. Qualifications of Overseas Voters.
previous: Section 10
. Voter Qualification.
next: Section 12
. Voter Qualification For Presidential Election.
AS 15.05.011. Qualifications of Overseas Voters.
- (a) A person residing outside the United States may register and vote absentee by qualifying under this section.
- (b) Before registering a person under this section, the director shall determine that the person
- (1) was domiciled in the state immediately before leaving the United States;
- (2) meets the qualifications established in AS 15.05.010
(1) and (2);
- (3) has not established a domicile in another state, territory, or possession of the United States since leaving this
- (4) is not registered to vote and has not voted in another state, territory, or possession of the United States since
leaving this state;
- (5) has a valid passport, card of identity and registration, or other identification issued under the authority of the
United States Secretary of State, and identification complying with the requirements of this title.
- (c) Lack of a place of abode in the state or lack of intent to return to the state does not disqualify a person who
qualifies under (b) of this section.
- (d) A person registered under this section may vote in a federal election in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.