Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 33. School Safety and Discipline
- Section 130. Enforcement of Approved Program; Additional Safety Obligations.
previous: Section 120
. School Disciplinary and Safety Program.
next: Section 140
. Civil Liability For Enforcing Disciplinary and Safety Program.
AS 14.33.130. Enforcement of Approved Program; Additional Safety Obligations.
- (a) A teacher, a teacher's assistant, a principal, or another person responsible for students may not be terminated or
otherwise subjected to formal disciplinary action for lawful enforcement of an approved school disciplinary and safety
program, including behavior standards, adopted under AS 14.33.120
- (b) A teacher, a teacher's assistant, a principal, or another person responsible for students who
- (1) receives information about a student under AS 47.12.310
(b) or receives information that may affect the safety of students or staff shall notify the student's teacher or a
school administrator; and
- (2) in the course of employment, observes a student committing a crime shall report the crime to the local law enforcement
agency; in this paragraph, "crime" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.