Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 16. Special Schools
- Section 20. Operation of State Boarding Schools.
previous: Section 10
. Establishment of State Boarding Schools.
next: Section 30
. Admission to School.
AS 14.16.020. Operation of State Boarding Schools.
In the management of state boarding schools, the board shall
- (1) adopt a philosophy of education for state boarding schools;
- (2) approve the employment of personnel necessary to operate state boarding schools;
- (3) establish the salaries and benefits to be paid teachers, excluding administrators;
- (4) designate the employees authorized to direct disbursements from the money appropriated for the operation of state
boarding schools and for the construction of facilities;
- (5) provide custodial services and routine maintenance of physical facilities;
- (6) establish procedures for the development and implementation of curriculum and the selection and use of textbooks and
- (7) prescribe health evaluation and placement screening programs for newly admitted students;
- (8) establish procedures for staff evaluation; and
- (9) provide staff training.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.