Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 36. Trust Administration
- Section 225. Prudent Investor Rule.
previous: Section 220
. Short Title.
next: Section 230
. Standard of Care; Portfolio Strategy; Risk and Return Objectives.
AS 13.36.225. Prudent Investor Rule.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) of this section, a trustee who invests and manages trust assets owes a duty to the
beneficiaries of the trust to comply with the prudent investor rule set out in AS 13.36.230 - 13.36.290.
- (b) The prudent investor rule, a default rule, may be expanded, restricted, eliminated, or otherwise altered by the
direction of the settlor to the provisions of a trust. A trustee is not liable to a beneficiary to the extent that the
trustee acted in reasonable reliance on the provisions of the trust.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.