Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 62. Criminal Justice Information and Records Checks
- Section 400. National Criminal History Record Checks For Employment, Licensing, and Other Noncriminal Justice Purposes.
previous: Section 200
. Civil Action and Defense.
next: Section 900
AS 12.62.400. National Criminal History Record Checks For Employment, Licensing, and Other Noncriminal Justice Purposes.
To obtain a national criminal history record check for determining a person's qualifications for a license, permit,
registration, employment, or position, a person shall submit the person's fingerprints to the department with the fee
established by AS 12.62.160. The department may submit
the fingerprints to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to obtain a national criminal history record check of the
person for the purpose of evaluating a person's qualifications for
- (1) a license or conditional contractor's permit to manufacture, sell, offer for sale, possess for sale or barter, traffic
in, or barter an alcoholic beverage under AS 04.11;
- (2) [Effective July 1, 2008]. licensure as a mortgage lender, a mortgage broker, or an originator under AS 06.60;
- (3) admission to the Alaska Bar Association under AS 08.08;
- (4) licensure as a collection agency operator under AS 08.24;
- (5) a certificate of fitness to handle explosives under AS 08.52;
- (6) licensure to practice nursing or certification as a nurse aide under AS 08.68;
- (7) a position involving supervisory or disciplinary power over a minor or dependent adult for which criminal justice
information may be released under AS 12.62.160
- (8) a teacher certificate under AS 14.20;
- (9) licensure as a security guard under AS 18.65.400
- (10) a concealed handgun permit under AS 18.65.700
- (11) licensure as an insurance producer, managing general agent, reinsurance intermediary broker, reinsurance intermediary
manager, surplus lines broker, or independent adjuster under AS 21.27;
- (12) serving and executing process issued by a court by a person designated under AS 22.20.130
- (13) a school bus driver license under AS 28.15.046
- (14) licensure as an operator or an instructor for a commercial driver training school under AS 28.17;
- (15) registration as a broker-dealer, agent, investment adviser representative, or state investment adviser under AS 45.55.030
Article 03. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.