Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 62. Criminal Justice Information and Records Checks
- Section 170. Correction of Criminal Justice Information.
previous: Section 160
. Release and Use of Criminal Justice Information; Fees.
next: Section 180
. Sealing of Criminal Justice Information.
AS 12.62.170. Correction of Criminal Justice Information.
- (a) A criminal justice agency shall correct, modify, or add an explanatory notation to criminal history records that the
agency is responsible for maintaining if the revision is necessary to achieve accuracy or completeness.
- (b) A person may submit a written request to the head of the agency responsible for maintaining criminal justice
information asking the agency to correct, modify, or add any information or explanatory notation to criminal justice
information about the person that the person believes is inaccurate or incomplete. The decision of the head of the
agency is the final administrative decision on the request.
- (c) The person requesting revision of criminal justice information may appeal an adverse decision of the agency to the
court under applicable rules of procedure for appealing the decision of an administrative agency. The appellant bears
the burden on appeal of showing that the agency decision was in error. An appeal filed under this subsection may not
collaterally attack a court judgment or a decision by prison, probation, or parole authorities, or any other action
that is or could have been subject to appeal, post-conviction relief, or other administrative remedy.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.