Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 45. Professional Corporation Act
- Section 140. Professional Relationship and Liabilities.
previous: Section 136
. Shareholder Has No Power to Dissolve.
next: Section 150
. - 10.45.170l Corporate Liability; Personal Liability of Shareholders. [Repealed, Sec. 8 Ch 75 SLA 1969].
AS 10.45.140. Professional Relationship and Liabilities.
- (a) The provisions of this chapter do not modify the law applicable to the relationship between a person furnishing
professional service and a person receiving the service, including liability arising out of the professional service,
and including any confidential relationship between the person rendering the professional service and the person
receiving the service.
- (b) Except as provided in (a) of this section, a shareholder of a professional corporation organized under this chapter is
not individually liable for the debts of or the claims against the corporation unless the debt or claim arises as a
result of a wrongful act or omission of the shareholder.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.