Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 26. Revised Alaska Trust Company Act
- Section 160. Trust Company Branch Offices.
previous: Section 150
. Trust Company Home Office.
next: Section 170
. Trust Company Representative Offices.
AS 06.26.160. Trust Company Branch Offices.
- (a) A trust company may establish branch offices anywhere in the state by
- (1) filing a written notice with the department setting out the name of the trust company, the street address of the
proposed branch office, and a description of the activities proposed to be conducted at the branch office;
- (2) filing with the department a copy of a resolution adopted by the trust company's board authorizing the establishment
or acquisition of the branch office; and
- (3) paying the filing fee established by the department by regulation.
- (b) The department has 60 days from the date the department receives the notice under (a) of this section to review the
proposal for the branch office, and the trust company may begin operating the branch office on the 61st day after the
date the department receives the notice, unless the department specifies a different date.
- (c) The department may extend the 60-day period of review provided by (b) of this section if the department determines
that the proposed branch office raises issues that require additional information or if the department needs additional
time for analysis. If the 60-day period of review is extended, the trust company may establish the branch office only
after the department approves the branch office in writing. The department may deny the trust company permission to
establish a branch office if the department has safety or soundness concerns.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.