- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 29. Department of Health and Social Services
- Section 22. Fees For Department Services.
previous: Section 20
. Duties of Department.
next: Section 24
. Fees For Services of Contractors or Grantees.
AS 44.29.022. Fees For Department Services.
- (a) The commissioner of health and social services may establish by regulation a schedule of reasonable fees for services
provided by the Department of Health and Social Services under AS 44.29.020
(a)(1) - (8), AS 47.10, AS 47.12, AS 47.14, AS 47.30.655
- 47.30.910, and AS 47.80.100 - 47.80.170. The fee established for a service may not
exceed the actual cost of providing the service. The commissioner may define or establish the "actual cost of providing
a service" by regulation. The Department of Health and Social Services shall charge and collect the fees established
under this subsection. The department may waive collection of a fee upon a finding that collection is not economically
feasible or in the public interest.
- (b) The commissioner of health and social services may establish by regulation and the department may charge reasonable
fees for department publications and research data to cover the cost of reproduction, printing, mailing, and
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 28 ch 90 SLA 1991].
- (d) A regulation that establishes a fee for services under AS 44.29.020(a)(7) that are part of the integrated
comprehensive mental health program under AS 47.30 may be adopted
under this section after consultation with the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.