Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 325. Surrogate Parents.
previous: Section 320
. Reimbursement For Hospitalized or Homebound Children. [Repealed, Sec. 5 Ch 70 SLA 1963].
next: Section 330
. Application For Enrollment. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 147 SLA 1984].
AS 14.30.325. Surrogate Parents.
- (a) The department shall by regulation provide for the appointment of surrogate parents to represent a child with a
disability in matters relating to the provision of an appropriate public education.
- (b) A surrogate parent is not liable for civil damages as a result of an act or omission committed in the surrogate
parent's official capacity, except that a surrogate parent may be liable for civil damages as a result of gross
negligence or intentional misconduct.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.