Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
For the purposes of 15 AAC 154.400 - 154.450 the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "administrative costs" means salaries, wages and related costs for grantee staff whose primary responsibilities involve program administration, developing systems for ensuring compliance with program requirements, preparing reports and other documents related to the Homeless Assistance Program, performance of financial management responsibilities related to the grant and coordinating the resolution of audit and/or monitor findings;
Administrative services performed under third party contracts or agreements such as accounting services and audit services; and
Public information activities, such a notices for predevelopment permit hearings or notices to announce availability and eligibility criteria for homeless services;
(2) "community emergency" means any occasion or instance for which, in the determination of the Governor, additional assistance is needed to supplement local efforts and capabilities to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat of catastrophe in any part of Alaska;
(3) "furnishings" means essential items which must be supplied to housing to make it habitable, including items such as beds, dressers, tables and chairs;
(4) "homeless prevention services" means actions taken to prevent persons who are in imminent danger of becoming homeless from losing a place of abode, including payment of past due rent or mortgage payments; payment of water, sewer, heating fuel or electric utility bills; or payment of basic telephone costs when the service is essential to prevent homelessness;
(5) "housing referral services" means actions taken to assist homeless persons to obtain housing in facilities not operated by the grantee and includes payment for temporary emergency lodging in motels or similar facilities; or payment for security deposits, utility deposits or first month's rent;
(6) "social services" means the provision of food, food supplies and other household goods and supplies; child care for homeless families while in shelter or transitional housing; and other services designed by the applicant and approved by AHFC to meet the special needs of the homeless and near homeless;
(7) "transitional housing" means temporary housing provided by the grantee to assist homeless persons to obtain permanent housing within 24 months.
History: Eff. 5/14/97, Register 142
Authority: AS 18.56.088 (c)(6)
AS 18.56.090 (b)
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006