Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The Corporation will, in its discretion, make grants to a municipality, or to a nonprofit corporation designated by the municipality, to meet the emergency housing needs of homeless and near-homeless persons in an area declared to be a federal or state disaster area. The Corporation may not make more than one community emergency grant in a community during a fiscal year.
(b) Community emergency grant funds may be used for both capital or operating expenses, with a five percent limitation on administrative expenses.
(c) An application for a community emergency grant must include:
(1) a description and supporting evidence of the emergency that has adversely affected housing conditions in the applicant's community;
(2) a description of the applicant's experience in providing housing services;
(3) a narrative plan describing the services the applicant intends to provide, including the date for completion of the grant;
(4) a proposed budget including a statement identifying all other funding sources by amount, source and anticipated commitment dates for each source;
(5) the signature of a municipal official with authority to apply for the grant or, if the applicant is a nonprofit corporation, a copy of the agreement between the municipality and nonprofit corporation designating it as the municipality's representative; and
(6) if the applicant has previously received a grant under this section, evidence that the emergency is materially different from the emergency for which the prior grant was made.
(d) Staff shall evaluate a community emergency grant application for completeness and forward the application to the Executive Director/CEO with its recommendation. The Executive Director/CEO shall make a final determination on the application.
History: Eff. 5/14/97, Register 142
Authority: AS 18.56.088 (c)(6)
AS 18.56.090 (b)
Note to HTML Version:
Last modified 7/05/2006