Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
(a) Before a pharmacist may fill a prescription drug order, the pharmacist shall obtain the following information:
(1) name of the patient or, if the prescription drug order is for an animal, species of the animal and name of the owner;
(2) address of the patient unless the prescription drug order is for a noncontrolled substance and the address is readily retrievable on another appropriate, uniformly maintained pharmacy record, such as a patient medication record;
(3) name and, if the prescription drug order is for a controlled substance, the address and DEA registration number of the prescribing practitioner;
(4) name and strength of the drug prescribed;
(5) quantity prescribed;
(6) directions for use;
(7) date of issue;
(8) refills authorized, if any; and
(9) if a written prescription drug order, the prescribing practitioner's signature.
(b) At the time of dispensing, a pharmacist shall add the following information to the prescription drug order:
(1) unique identification number of the prescription drug order;
(2) initials or identification code of the dispensing pharmacist;
(3) quantity dispensed, if different from the quantity prescribed;
(4) date of dispensing, if different from the date of issue;
(5) if the drug was prescribed by generic name or if an equivalent drug product other than the one prescribed was dispensed, for the drug product actually dispensed, at least one of the following:
(A) the name of the drug product's manufacturer or distributor;
(B) the national drug code number;
(C) the short name code; or
(D) the trade name.
History: Eff. 1/16/98, Register 145
Authority: AS 08.80.005
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006