Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The holder of a mechanical administrator license in the unlimited HVAC/sheet metal category may supervise, in accordance with AS 08.40.400 ,
(1) all HVAC/sheet metal work described in (b) of this section;
(2) the work defined under the heating, cooling, and process piping category in 12 AAC 39.232(b) that is integral to work on an HVAC system;
(3) the work defined under the mechanical systems temperature control category in 12 AAC 39.292 that is integral to work on an HVAC system; and
(4) the work defined under the residential HVAC category in 12 AAC 39.332(b) .
(b) HVAC/sheet metal work includes the installation, alteration, or retrofitting of the following as they apply to HVAC systems only:
(1) all components of the air handling and refrigeration cycle, including fans, coils, evaporative cooling units, self-contained packaged air conditioning and heating units, air handling units, condensing units, furnaces, flues, chimneys, duct work, cooled mechanical air handling and ventilation applications, and related accessories;
(2) fuel oil tanks and piping and fuel gas piping.
(c) A mechanical administrator licensed in the unlimited HVAC/sheet metal category may supervise, in accordance with AS 08.40.400 , the installation or retrofitting of all pneumatic or electric controls and the retrofitting of all control wiring of 48 volts or less necessary for the operation of HVAC equipment or systems so long as those modifications do not alter the electrical characteristics of the mechanical system or controls. The original installation of control wiring, or the alteration or retrofitting of controls and control wiring that alters the electrical characteristics of the mechanical system, must be supervised by an electrical administrator licensed in the appropriate category under 12 AAC 32.
(d) A mechanical administrator licensed in the unlimited HVAC/sheet metal category is not authorized to install or supervise the installation of piping other than fuel oil and fuel gas piping, refrigerant piping, chilled water piping, and condensing water piping that is integral to work on an HVAC system.
(e) Only sheet metal work directly related to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, and any work covered by the Uniform Mechanical Code, is required to be supervised by a mechanical administrator licensed in the HVAC/sheet metal category defined in this section.
History: Eff. 7/7/94, Register 131; am 11/26/94, Register 132
Authority: AS 08.40.230
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006