Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A sheet metal contractor performs work in the following areas:
(1) manufacture, fabrication, assembly, installation, and alteration of all ferrous or nonferrous metal work;
(2) lagging over insulation and duct lining;
(3) preparation of drawings taken from architectural and engineering plans required for fabrication and erections of sheet metal work;
(4) exterior wall sheathing and siding;
(5) metal roofing, flashing, and decking;
(6) ornamental sheet metal work, including cornices;
(7) metal venting, chimneys, and breaching;
(8) skylight installation;
(9) lavatory partitions;
(10) sheet metal shelving;
(12) commercial or industrial food service equipment; or
(13) demolition of sheet metal.
(b) This specialty contractor category does not include sheet metal work subject to building codes identified in AS 08.18.171 , including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning ducting and equipment. Work subject to those codes is done by a mechanical or general contractor under the supervision of a mechanical administrator licensed under AS 08.40.
History: Eff. 7/26/90, Register 115
Authority: AS 08.01.080
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006