Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
When the department begins adjudicating a water right application, the department will provide notice of the application as follows:
(1) the department will publish notice under AS 46.15.133 in a newspaper of general circulation in the vicinity in which the water is to be appropriated;
(2) the department will post the notice on the Alaska Online Public Notice System as required under AS 44.62.175 ; in addition, if there is no newspaper of general circulation in the vicinity, the department will post the notice during the public comment period prescribed by AS 46.15.133 in a public place near the site of the proposed appropriation;
(3) the department will serve individual notice by certified mail on prior appropriators who may be taking water from the same source;
(4) repealed 8/20/2004;
(5) the department will provide written notice to any person known to the department to own land where the water is to be withdrawn or used, or over which the water is to be transported, or whose request to receive notice is on file with the department;
(6) the public comment period set by AS 46.15.133 (c) begins the first day the newspaper publication appears, or the first day of posting, or upon receipt of the notice as evidenced by the certified mail receipt, date stamp, or other evidence of actual service;
(7) the department may extend the notice and public comment period.
History: Eff. 12/29/79, Register 72; am 11/7/90, Register 116; am 8/20/2004, Register 171
Authority: AS 46.15.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006