Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
(a) An application for approval of an asbestos abatement training program submitted to the department must include
(1) the applicant's name, address, telephone number, and social security number;
(2) a detailed description of the topics, including the amount and type of hands-on training, used in the training course, which verifies inclusion of the subjects and procedures described in 8 AAC 61.700;
(3) a description of all audio-visual materials to be used in the training course;
(4) a copy of the written examination and a detailed description of the practical examination to be administered to trainees to test their skills and knowledge; information must be provided to describe the length, format, and passing score of the written and practical examinations used to test the trainees' skill and knowledge;
(5) a detailed description of the scoring methodology to be used in grading the written and practical examinations described in 8 AAC 61.710, and a detailed statement about the development of the examination used in the course;
(6) the names of the course instructors and a description of the instructors' qualifications, which verifies that the instructors meet the minimum qualifications in 8 AAC 61.680;
(7) an application fee of $1,000;
(8) a list of any other states that currently approve the training course;
(9) a copy of all course materials, including student manuals, instructor notebooks, and handouts; and
(10) a copy of the instructions provided to students that specify the procedures that students must follow under 8 AAC 61.720 and 8 AAC 61.730 to obtain an asbestos certification after successful completion of the initial training course.
(b) The department will, in its discretion, request copies of the audio-visual materials described in (a)(3) of this section. After its review, the department will return the materials to the applicant.
History: Eff. 10/1/85, Register 96; am 11/7/93, Register 128; am 9/10/99, Register 151
Authority: AS 18.31.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006