Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
Employment of minors 14 years of age and older is permitted in the following:
(1) office and clerical work, including the operation of office machines;
(2) cashiering, selling, modeling, art work, work in advertising departments, window trimming, and comparative shopping;
(3) price marking and tagging by hand or by machine, assembling orders, packing, and shelving;
(4) bagging and carrying out customer orders;
(5) errand and delivery work by foot, bicycle, and public transportation;
(6) cleanup work, including the use of vacuum cleaners and floor waxers, and maintenance of grounds including the use of power-driven monofilament cutters, but not including the use of power-driven mowers or power-driven cutters with metal blades;
(7) work in connection with cars and trucks if confined to the following: dispensing gasoline and oil, courtesy service, car cleaning, washing and polishing, and other occupations permitted by this section, but not including work involving
(A) the use of a pit, rack, or power-operated lifting apparatus;
(B) the operation of a pneumatic tire machine;
(C) the inflation of any tire mounted on a rim equipped with a removable retaining ring; or
(D) dispensing propane;
(8) cleaning vegetables and fruits, and wrapping, sealing, labeling, weighing, pricing, and stocking goods.
History: Eff. 10/27/73, Register 48; am 6/4/82, Register 82; am 7/30/99, Register 151
Authority: AS 23.10.350
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006