Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
Employment of minors 14 and 15 years of age is prohibited in the following occupations:
(1) manufacturing, mining, or processing occupations, including occupations requiring the performance of any duties in work rooms or work places where goods are manufactured, mined, or otherwise processed;
(2) occupations which involve the operation or tending of hoisting apparatus or of any power-driven machinery other than office machines;
(3) the operation of motor vehicles or service as helpers on such vehicles;
(4) repealed 4/23/77;
(5) public messenger service;
(6) occupations in or about canneries or other seafood processing plants or establishments involving cutting, slicing, or butchering; work involved in the operation of any floating plant, which includes the loading and unloading of boats, barges, or scows;
(7) work performed in or about boiler or engine rooms or retorts;
(8) work in connection with maintenance or repair of the establishments, machines, or equipment;
(9) outside window washing that involves working from windowsills, and all work requiring the use of ladders or scaffolds or their substitutes;
(10) occupations which involve operating, setting up, adjusting, cleaning, oiling, or repairing power-driven food slicers and grinders, food choppers and cutters, and bakery-type mixers;
(11) work in freezers and meat coolers and all work in the preparation of meats for sale;
(12) loading and unloading goods to or from trucks, railroad cars, or conveyors;
(13) all occupations in warehouses except office and clerical work;
(14) occupations involving the use of sharpened tools;
(15) except for office or sales work in connection with these occupations, which work is permitted, occupations in connection with
(A) transportation of persons or property by rail, highway, air, water, pipeline, or other means;
(B) warehousing and storage;
(C) communications and public utilities;
(D) construction (including demolition and repair).
History: Eff. 10/27/73, Register 48; am 4/23/77, Register 62; am 6/4/82, Register 82
Authority: AS 23.10.350
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006