Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
In this chapter
(1) "accessible format" means that information is presented through the use of auxiliary aides and services, as defined in 28 C.F.R. 35.104, to promote effective communication;
(2) "ADA" means the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as established in 42 U.S.C. 12101 - 12213;
(3) "agency" means a department, division, office, public corporation, board, commission, authority, or other organizational unit of the executive branch of state government, excluding the Alaska Railroad and the University of Alaska;
(4) "disability" means the same as in 28 C.F.R. 35.104;
(5) "physical or mental impairment" means the same as in 28 C.F.R. 35.104;
(6) "qualified individual with a disability" means
(A) with respect to employment with a state agency, the same as in 29 C.F.R. 1630.2;
(B) with respect to the services, programs, or activities of a state agency, the same as in 28 C.F.R. 35.104;
(7) "telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD)" means a telephone or text telephone with a typewriter keyboard attached that enables a individual who is deaf or experiences a speech disorder to effectively communicate via the telephone through typed messages that appear either on a display screen or on a paper tape.
History: Eff. 11/27/93, Register 128
Authority: Art. III, sec. 1,
Art. III, sec. 16,
Art. III, sec. 24,
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006