Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) No person or governmental agency may engage in the following uses or activities within a special area without first obtaining a special area permit following the procedures of 5 AAC 95.700 - 5 AAC 95.760:
(1) construction, placement, or continuing use of any improvement, structure, or real property within a special area;
(2) destruction of vegetation;
(3) detonation of an explosive other than a firearm;
(4) excavation, surface or shoreline altering activity, dredging, filling, draining, or flooding;
(5) natural resource or energy exploration, development, production, or associated activities;
(6) water diversion or withdrawal;
(7) off-road use of wheeled or tracked equipment unless the commissioner has issued a general permit under 5 AAC 95.770;
(8) waste disposal, placement, or use of a toxic substance;
(9) grazing or animal husbandry; and
(10) any other activity that is likely to have a significant effect on vegetation, drainage, water quality, soil stability, fish, wildlife, or their habitat, or which disturbs fish or wildlife other than lawful hunting, trapping, fishing, viewing, and photography.
(b) The commissioner makes the final determination as to whether a specific activity is subject to the provisions of this chapter.
History: Eff. 6/5/86, Register 98
Authority: AS 16.05.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006