Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The department may issue a joint permit to a child and an adult to hunt species of big game, except bison and musk oxen, in the areas specified in (b) of this section, as determined as appropriate by the Board of Game, where no regular season for the species being hunted is open before August 15, as follows:
(1) the permittees must be a child aged 8 to 17 and an accompanying adult 21 years of age or older; if the child is a
(A) resident, the accompanying adult permittee may be any licensed resident hunter who is an adult;
(B) nonresidents, the accompanying adult permittee must be a licensed resident hunter who is a parent, stepparent, or legal guardian of the child;
(2) permittees may hunt only during a four-day season beginning the first Saturday in August;
(3) permits may not be issued for a species of big game in an area where the species is hunted under a Tier II or drawing permit;
(4) only the child may shoot the big game animal, except that the accompanying adult may shoot the animal only to prevent the animal from escaping after having been wounded by the child;
(5) big game harvested under a permit issued under this section will count against the bag limits of both the child and accompanying adult;
(6) in addition to the permit specified in this section, the child and accompanying adult must have the licenses, harvest tickets, and registration permits required under this title and AS 16 in possession while in the field;
(7) except as provided in (5) of this section, the bag limit, methods and means, and all other regulations applicable to the regular season shall be in effect for the permits issued under this section.
(b) There are no big game species and areas specified by the Board of Game for which permits may be issued under this section.
(c) For the purposes of this section, "regular season" means the next non-Tier II or non-drawing permit hunt resident season scheduled to open after the season set in this section has closed.
History: Eff. 7/1/2002, Register 162; am 7/1/2004, Register 170
Authority: AS 16.05.255
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006