Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
In the personal use taking of herring and herring spawn
(1) herring may be taken at any time;
(2) herring and herring spawn may be taken by gear listed in 5 AAC 01.010;
(3) there is no annual possession limit for herring or for herring spawn which is not on kelp;
(4) herring spawn-on-kelp may only be taken under the authority of a personal use fishing permit; when issuing a personal use permit for the taking of spawn-on-kelp, the department will, in its discretion, specify on the permit the times and locations for harvesting and the species of kelp which may be taken; the annual possession limit for herring spawn-on-kelp is 32 pounds for an individual or 158 pounds for a household of two or more persons; the department will, in its discretion, issue an additional permit for taking spawn-on-kelp above the annual possession limit if harvestable surpluses of herring spawn-on-kelp are available;
(5) herring taken under personal use regulations may not be used as bait in a commercial fishery.
History: Eff. 6/25/89, Register 110
Authority: AS 16.05.251
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006