Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The following special harvest areas are established for the Kodiak Regional Aquaculture Association (KRAA):
(1) Kitoi Bay Special Harvest Area: all waters of Kitoi Bay west of a line from 58ΓΈ 10.58' N. lat., 152ΓΈ 17.36' W. long. to 58ΓΈ 09.50' N. lat., 152ΓΈ 18.70' W. long.;
(2) Spiridon Bay Special Harvest Area: all waters of Telrod Cove north of a line extending from Stream Point at 57ΓΈ 39.00' N. lat., 153ΓΈ 38.50' W. long., to a point at 57ΓΈ 38.80' N. lat., l53ΓΈ 37.70' W. long.;
(3) Foul Bay Special Harvest Area: all waters of Foul Bay east of 152ΓΈ 47.20' W. long.;
(4) Waterfall Bay Special Harvest Area: all waters of the stream terminus of streams No. 251-821 and 251-822 to a straight line extending northwesterly from 58ΓΈ 24.15' N. lat., 152ΓΈ 28.23' W. long. to 58ΓΈ 25.60' N. lat., 152ΓΈ 30.80' W. long.; the numbered streams in this paragraph are identified on the ADF&G Kodiak Area Salmon Statistical Chart adopted by reference in 5 AAC 18.350;
(5) Settler Cove Special Harvest Area: all waters of Settler Cove west of 152ΓΈ 50.80' W. long.
(b) A hatchery permit holder harvesting salmon within a special harvest area under the terms of a hatchery permit is exempt from the provisions of 5 AAC 18.310 and 5 AAC 18.320. The commissioner shall open and close, by emergency order, fishing periods during which the hatchery permit holder may harvest salmon within the designated special harvest area.
(c) Notwithstanding 5 AAC 18.330, legal gear for the hatchery permit holder in a special harvest area is purse seine and beach seine.
History: Eff. 4/9/2005, Register 174
Authority: AS 16.05.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006