Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) Except as otherwise specified in this chapter or when taken as allowable bycatch in another directed fishery, skates and rays may be taken only under the conditions of a permit issued by the commissioner. The permit may
(1) restrict the depth of fishing operations;
(2) specify season dates;
(3) specify areas of fishing operations by district, subdistrict, or other portions of a registration area;
(4) establish minimum size limits;
(5) specify the type and configuration of gear;
(6) require the completion of logbooks, provided by the department, and require that the logbooks be attached to a fish ticket at the time of landing; and
(7) require other conditions determined by the commissioner to be necessary for conservation and management purposes.
(b) For the purpose of this section, "skates and rays" are species of the order Rajiformes.
History: Eff. 5/31/98, Register 146
Authority: AS 16.05.251
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006