Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A person may take wild herring spawn on kelp (not in pounds) in the Norton Sound District only from Canal Point Light to Wood Point and only as follows:
(1) wild herring spawn on kelp may be taken only during periods established by emergency order;
(2) wild herring spawn on kelp may be taken only by hand picking and by a hand-held rake;
(3) only a holder of a valid CFEC Norton Sound limited entry or interim-use herring permit may harvest wild herring spawn on kelp under this section; participation includes harvesting wild herring spawn on kelp by hand or hand-held rake, placing wild herring spawn on kelp in containers at the point of harvest, and transporting the containers of wild herring spawn on kelp to a registered buyer or tender;
(4) a person that participates in the wild herring spawn-on-kelp fishery may not also participate in the gillnet, beach seine herring sac roe fishery, or the herring pound spawn-on-kelp fishery in the Norton Sound District during the same year;
(5) all wild herring spawn on kelp harvested in the Norton Sound District must be in containers at the close of the fishing period.
(b) For the purposes of this section, "container" means a boat, bucket, sack, tarp, or other object used to hold herring spawn on kelp for the purpose of transporting it to a registered buyer or tender.
History: Eff. 5/19/99, Register 150
Authority: AS 16.05.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006