Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) In addition to the requirements of 5 AAC 39.130(g) , each tender operator and each buyer or the tender operator or buyer's agent shall report in person to and register with a local representative of the department upon arrival in the registration area before commencing operations and before changing location of the operation. Each buyer or buyer's agent shall
(1) identify all vessels to be employed in transporting or processing herring and shall register those vessels with a local representative of the department located in the registration area before transporting or processing herring;
(2) make daily reports of all herring purchased from fishermen and other processing records as specified by a local representative of the department; and
(3) submit fully completed fish tickets with accurate and final weight and roe percentages no later than 10 days after termination of buying operations in the area, or as otherwise specified by a local representative of the department.
(b) At the time herring are received from a CFEC permit holder in the Kodiak Area each buyer of herring, each fisherman selling to a buyer not licensed to process fish (catcher/seller), and each person or company that catches and processes that person's or company's own catch or has that catch processed by another person or company, shall, in addition to the requirements of 5 AAC 39.130(c) , at the request of the CFEC permit holder record on a herring fish ticket, the following information:
(1) the on-the-fishing ground weight of herring measured by the most efficient method possible, such as dump boxes, scales or totes, with weight in tons and pounds; and
(2) estimated roe percentage of the herring as determined by a regular sampling of the catch; the sampling shall test 10 kilograms of herring for each five to 10 tons of herring delivered.
(c) A copy of the fish ticket required under (b) of this section must be provided at the time of delivery to the CFEC permit holder from the person, buyer, company, firm, or other organization that is the first purchaser of herring that is taken in the Kodiak Area.
History: In effect before 1988; am 5/31/98, Register 146; am 5/29/99, Register 150
Authority: AS 16.05.251
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006