Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
For the management of herring fisheries in the Southeastern Alaska Area, the department
(1) shall identify stocks of herring on a spawning area basis;
(2) shall establish minimum spawning biomass thresholds below which fishing will not be allowed;
(3) shall assess the abundance of mature herring for each stock before allowing fishing to occur;
(4) except as provided elsewhere, may allow a harvest of herring at an exploitation rate between 10 percent and 20 percent of the estimated spawning biomass when that biomass is above the minimum threshold level;
(5) may identify and consider sources of mortality in setting harvest guideline;
(6) by emergency order, may modify fishing periods to minimize incidental mortalities during commercial fisheries.
History: Eff. 4/23/94, Register 130; am 5/31/98, Register 146
Authority: AS 16.05.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006