Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) In a child care facility that is governed by a board or other body, the board or other body shall
(1) determine policy for the operation and management of the child care facility that meets the requirements of AS 14.37 and this chapter and provide for implementation of that policy by an administrator;
(2) adopt a job description clearly describing the administrator's role and responsibilities;
(3) appoint an individual who is qualified under 4 AAC 62.200 as administrator, charged with the active management of the facility, and annually evaluate the administrator's performance;
(4) approve the annual budget of anticipated income and expenses to provide the services described in its statement of purpose and approve or take corrective action on financial audit reports;
(5) conduct at least three meetings each year and maintain minutes of all meetings; and
(6) provide for orientation to new board members and biennial training for all board members on the role and responsibilities of a board member.
(b) If a child care facility is not governed by a board or other body, policy for the operation and management of the child care facility shall be determined by the operator of the child care facility, or by the administrator if the authority to determine policy is delegated to the administrator by the operator. Implementation of the policies of the child care facility is the responsibility of the administrator.
History: Eff. 1/1/96, Register 136; am 3/1/98, Register 145
Authority: AS 14.37.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006