Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The departments licensing records for a licensed child care facility are public unless
(1) otherwise made confidential by AS 14.37.110 , including
(A) material made confidential by state or federal statutes or regulations;
(B) material that is part of an incomplete licensing or complaint investigation;
(C) records that would deprive an applicant or licensee of a fair and impartial hearing;
(D) child abuse and neglect records under AS 14.17;
(E) criminal justice information under AS 12.62; and
(F) medical and psychological records;
(2) the records are protected by a privilege or principal recognized by the courts;
(3) the records disclosure would interfere with law enforcement proceedings.
(b) The department will ensure the security of confidential records by providing
(1) adequate procedures and facilities to protect confidential information from unauthorized access and from accidental or deliberate damage;
(2) procedures for screening, supervising, and disciplining agency personnel in order to minimize the risk of security violations;
(3) training to employees working with or having access to confidential information; and
(4) systems for and encouraging the public to review licensing records that are legally open, without disclosing confidential material.
(c) The department will follow the procedures contained in 6 AAC 96 for disclosure, denial, reconsideration, and appeal regarding agency records for verbal and written requests for licensing records under this section.
History: Eff. 2/8/2002, Register 161
Authority: AS 14.37.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006