Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
A records officer of a state agency appointed under AS 40.21.060 (9) shall
(1) attend education and training courses offered by the state archives and records management services (ARMS);
(2) adhere to records management statutes and regulations and internal procedures established by the state archivist;
(3) after approval by the state archivist, prepare for issuance by the state agency directives to establish objectives, responsibilities, and authorities for management of agency records
(4) guide and monitor agency officers and employees in the application of records management practices for the economical and efficient creation, maintenance, use, and disposition of agency records; and
(5) coordinate agency-wide activities to ensure compliance with AS 40.21, other state law, or this chapter for
(A) adequacy of documentation;
(B) the creation, maintenance, and use of active records;
(C) preparation of records retention and disposition schedules;
(D) storage of inactive records;
(E) identification and protection of essential records;
(F) protection of records designated as archival;
(G) transfer of archival records to ARMS;
(H) microreproduction of records; and
(I) use of electronic records storage and retrieval systems and materials.
History: Eff. 10/2/94, Register 131
Authority: AS 40.21.030
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006