Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
As used in AS 14.57 and this chapter
(1) "museum" means an organized and permanent nonprofit institution, educational or aesthetic in purpose, with qualified staff, that owns, cares for, and uses tangible objects, and interprets and exhibits them to the public on some regular schedule;
(2) "museum-related agency" means a local, regional, or statewide nonprofit organization, such as an historical society, cultural heritage center, museum support group, or statewide museum association, the purpose of which is to augment and enhance museum services and practices;
(3) "nonprofit institution" means a municipality, or a nonprofit corporation in good standing under AS 10.20;
(4) "qualified staff" means at least one employee who is considered by the museum's governing authority to be qualified;
(5) "Alaska State Museum" means the state museum in Juneau, Alaska;
(6) "Sheldon Jackson Museum" means the branch of the state museum in Sitka, Alaska.
History: Eff. 10/21/89, Register 112; am 4/19/95, Register 134
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006