Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(1) "director" means the director of the division of libraries, archives & museums in the Department of Education;
(2) "division" means the division of libraries, archives & museums in the Department of Education;
(3) "library" means an institution that acquires, organizes, maintains, and provides public access to library materials for reference, research, and circulation;
(4) "library materials" includes books, periodicals, newspapers, documents, pamphlets, photographs, microforms, maps, sound recordings, audio-visual materials, and other materials of a similar nature;
(5) "operations" means personal services, communications, library materials, supplies, equipment, and other services necessary to provide library services; "operations" does not include construction;
(6) "public library" means a library operated by a municipality under AS 29.35.125 or by a public library nonprofit corporation for the purpose of providing general library services to all residents in the library's legal service area free of charge and without discrimination;
(7) "public library nonprofit corporation" means an organization that
(A) has filed articles of incorporation with the state under AS 10.20.005 - 10.20.452 for the purpose of establishing and operating a public library;
(B) filed a current annual report with the state, established bylaws, and elected officers; and
(C) holds meetings of its board of directors in public at least quarterly;
(8) "public library outlet" means the headquarters, branch, bookmobile, or other facility of a public library that provides library services to the general public.
History: Eff. 5/25/79, Register 70; am 3/27/82, Register 81; am 2/24/88, Register 105; am 2/11/89, Register 109; am 4/2/99, Register 149
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006