Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The director will make a decision on a public library construction grant application or amended application that requests a grant for construction, renovation, or expansion of a facility based on the following factors:
(1) compliance of the proposed project with minimum space requirements:
(A) for a project serving a community and library service area with an estimated population of fewer than 400, at least 800 square feet;
(B) for a project serving a community and library service area with an estimated population of 400 - 1000, at least 1,200 square feet; and
(C) for a project serving a community and library service area with an estimated population of more than 1,000, 2,000 square feet or 0.7 square feet per capita, whichever is greater;
(2) compliance of the proposed project with applicable state and federal codes and accessibility standards;
(3) conformance of the proposed project to the siting, design, space, and layout recommendations cited in Planning the Small Public Library Building by Anders Dahlgren (American Library Association, 1985) or, if, in the judgement of the director, that publication is clearly inappropriate, the standards set out in another publication specified by the director;
(4) suitability of the proposed project to meet the library needs of the community and library service area for at least 10 years;
(5) appropriateness of the amount requested in the public library construction grant application to the proposed project and the library requirements of the community or library service area served by the applicant; and
(6) ability of the applicant to operate and maintain the proposed project, including an appraisal of the applicant's past performance in operating a library, if applicable.
(b) In making a decision on a public library construction grant application or amended application that requests a grant to equip or furnish a facility, the director will, in his or her discretion, approve a grant only for library equipment and furniture that is of a quality acceptable to the director and that is of at least comparable quality to the following general product specifications:
(1) steel shelving or library stacks; and
(2) standard library furniture or furniture of similar quality offered by standard furniture suppliers.
History: Eff. 2/11/89, Register 109
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006