Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) An applicant must apply for a public library construction grant on a form provided by the division. The application must state or include
(1) a detailed study outlining the library space needs of the community and library service area in which the project will be constructed, with projections for use of the facility for a period of not less than 20 years if the grant is to be used for the construction, renovation, or expansion of a library facility,
(2) a detailed description of the project, its associated costs, and the funding sources that will support construction of the project and its operation and maintenance after construction if the grant is to be used for the construction, renovation, or expansion of a library facility, and
(3) assurances that
(A) the applicant will provide the local contribution required by 4 AAC 57.240; and
(B) ownership of a facility to be constructed, renovated, or expanded with money received under the grant will conform to the requirements of AS 14.56.220 if applicable.
(b) In addition to the requirements of (a) of this section, if the application for a public library construction grant is for construction, renovation, or expansion of a combined facility in which the resources of the public library are to be located as part of a school, municipal, or other community facility, the applicant shall submit a copy of a valid agreement between the governing body of the public library and
(1) the governing body of the municipality, if the application is for a combined facility in a municipal building;
(2) the school board of the school district, if the application is for a combined facility in a school; or
(3) the board, committee, or other organization managing or operating the portion of a community facility not used for library purposes, if the application is for a combined facility for which neither a municipality nor a school district is responsible.
(c) The agreement provided under (b) of this section must clearly delineate the responsibilities of the public library and of the school district, municipality, or other organization, with provision made in the agreement for financial responsibility, maintenance, and care of the combined facility, personnel, use of equipment, and hours of service.
History: Eff. 2/11/89, Register 109
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006